NEWS: MY ILLUMINATIONS FOR THE GETTY STORE EXHIBITION AT THE DECOUVERT FINE ART IN ROCKPORT NEWS: LE MIE MINIATURE PER IL GETTY STORE E MOSTRA ALLA GALLERIA DECOUVERT FINE ART A ROCKPORT


martedì 19 marzo 2013

Illumination from Piccolomini Library

Illumination on parchment, egg tempera with pure pigments, genuine lapislazzuli and gold leaf 23 3/4 on pastiglia cm.6,5x4

This is the first of a new series of illuminations copied from the manuscripts conserved in the Piccolomini Library in the Duomo di Siena. 
At end of August I visited the Duomo of Siena for the annual exposition of the marble decorated floor (see my post with images and videos) and I took this pictures of illuminations exposed, illuminated by Liberale da Verona and Girolamo da Cremona. 
During the visit I tried to fix in my mind the colors of the original illuminations.
I share other photos of the frescoes by Pinturicchio that cover all the surface of the ceiling and the walls in the Library.
 The last photo is a detail of the floor with decorated tiles.











Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...